Tuesday 5 May 2009

What's wrong with them?

I honestly don't know what these digital cameras have against me.

First, one denies duty pretending to have a "lens error". Granted, that one had to go through a lot, braving desert wind and sands two times. (I hear it's been to the camera doctor by now, and may be well again).

The next camera insidiously came with a virus-infected memory card, eating up about 50 percent of my Bahrain pictures. And to top it off, that unfaithful little beast just quietly slipped away one evening. I wonder if it disliked having to photograph the strangely artificial all-year indoor ski slope at Dubai Mall? Anyway, it was simply gone, and no frantic calling all the places I had been to, including speaking to several taxi drivers, brought it back so far.

The third camera, then, lent by a very nice colleague, just went into permanent shivering mode which made taking any non-wiggly pictures impossible when I went to Sharjah City last weekend. (By the way, that camera worked again the moment I tried it out back at my hotel.) So I took to using my fantastic 1 megapixel mobile phone camera.

Gee! All I want is simply take a few pictures. What's wrong with you, digital cameras?! Maybe I should go analog again. That would teach you.

No comments:

Post a Comment